Corruption & Unity
Eliminating Lobbyists & Special Interest Groups
Political parties exist to secure responsible government and to execute the will of the people. From these great tasks both parties have turned aside. They have become the tools of corrupt interests, which use them to serve their selfish purposes. To dissolve the unholy alliance between corrupt business and corrupt politics is the first task of a true patriot. Uncorrupted by power, undismayed by the magnitude of the task, Evan offers himself to the people, to sweep away old abuses, and to build an honest government. This is Evan’s pledge to the people. America belongs to the people. Its resources, its business, its laws, its institutions, should be utilized, maintained, or altered in whatever manner will best promote the general interest.
Evan will not take special interest money looking to persuade his votes. Congress forgot that they work for the people. Our government is made of corrupt establishment politicians on both sides. You will see that their votes reflect the special interests lining their pockets. The Fed Reserve and multiple studies concluded that the majority of Americans have no say in government. Republicans give tax cuts to their donors and Democrats give subsidies to their donors. The result is the same with you getting nothing and that is why Congress has a 10% approval rating.
“I used to say that Politics is the second oldest profession [prostitution being the oldest], but I have come to realize that it bears a gross similarity to the first.” –Ronald Reagan
Evan plans to introduce a number of bills to Congress to end corruption once and for all based on the American Anti-Corruption Act:
- Constitutional amendment on election funding so we can have fair elections.
- Strict limitation of all campaign contributions and expenditures, and detailed publicity of both before as well as after primaries and elections.
- Prohibit candidates from receiving funding from lobbyists.
- Prohibit Congressmen from asking for contributions during work hours.
- Prohibit offshore election funding.
- Prohibit unlimited spending by billion dollar corporations.
- Impose heavy fines on law breakers.
- Give voters factual information and voting history for candidates before elections so politicians are held accountable.
- $2,000 tax credit per person that votes to encourage voting participation.
Ohio’s 14th District Corrupt Representative
David Joyce receives $2.5 million in funding from lobbyists that he spends on advertising to win each election. Every vote he makes is related to a special interest that donated to him. He has damaged Ohio to enrich his bank account, doubling his net worth by millions! He has never created any legislation that passed Congress in his six years. Politicians must be held accountable for every vote they make and they must be voted out the next election cycle if they are harming you.
This is a sample of his votes.
- Joyce voted in favor of the latest budget and tax bill, which hurts Ohio by increasing taxes and slashes funding to the state.
- Joyce voted to repeal the the banking regulations put in place after the 2008 recession, which can result in another recession soon.
- Joyce voted to repeal the Cardin-Lugar Anti-Corruption Rule, which stops foreign powers giving money to influence US elections.
- Joyce voted in favor of CISPA, which allows censorship of the internet like SOPA/PIPA. Joyce is against free speech.
- Joyce voted to repeal Internet Privacy Protections, which allows anything you do on the internet to be sold for profit.
- Joyce voted against an Amendment to authorize the STEM Gateways program. This program creates vital jobs in America! America has a huge lack of STEM field workers, which pay high salaries. We have such a shortage that companies are forced to get foreign immigrants, instead of Americans with proper education.
- Joyce voted in favor of the SCRUB Act, which restructures regulations to hurt small businesses at the expense of multi-billion dollar corporations.
- Joyce voted in favor of the Fairness in Class Action Litigation Act, which is designed to stop class action lawsuits against multi-billion dollar corporations. It would allow things like the Wells Fargo financial scandal to run rampant.
- Joyce voted in favor of the Ratepayer Protection Act, which allowed states to ignore the Clean Air Act. Joyce doesn’t believe Americans need to breathe?
- Joyce voted against an Amendment to prohibit federal funding to companies with wage theft convictions. Joyce is a former prosecutor who thinks wage theft is okay? 5.5% of Ohioans experience wage heft, 2nd highest in USA.
- Joyce voted against an Amendment to prohibit entering into contracts with businesses that repeatedly violate the Fair Labor Standards Act. Joyce is alright with corporations using child labor, not paying its employees, etc.
- Joyce voted for the EPA Science Advisory Board Reform Act & Regulatory Integrity Protection Act, which would hand over total control of the EPA and other regulatory bodies to politicians and not scientists. This would hurt the Great Lakes that Joyce claims to care about.
- Joyce voted multiple times to repeal Obamacare with no replacement for Ohioans using it.
- Joyce voted in 2015 to increase the amount of low skilled worker visas, which drives down wages for Ohioans.
National Unity & Partisanship
There is a sharp divide in America politically. People have picked a side, surround themselves by like-minded people, and only listen to media outlets that appeal to them. Couples and friendships are ending because of politics. Riots, protests, and bloodshed is becoming common. This is not healthy and not what America is supposed to be.
Evan’s goal is to bring back the unity we had back into Ohio and into America.
Political parties have changed stances on issues over time. Both political parties have factions. Blindly following a party is detrimental since your vote may not properly represent you. Far too many politicians today only care about their party and not the American people. Both parties tell half-truths and sell you propaganda to steal your vote.
“I never submitted the whole system of my opinions to the creed of any party of men whatever, in religion, in philosophy, in politics, or in anything else, where I was capable of thinking for myself. Such an addiction is the last degradation of a free and moral agent. If I could not go to heaven but with a party, I would not go there at all.” –Thomas Jefferson
Evan’s campaign goals and promises transcend party lines. His policies benefit all Ohioans regardless of your party preference. Evan does not fully agree with Republicans or Democrats on all issues. Evan believe both sides have good ideas and they can work together to improve America. What is important to Evan is to get the support of everyone in the district regardless of party affiliation. Evan wants to create a productive Congress again for the America people.
“The greatest good we can do our country is to heal its party divisions and make them one people.” –Thomas Jefferson